Source: BY KATE CHYNOWETH
Over 40% of women say that the reason they aren’t as fit and healthy as they would like is because of a lack of motivation. Another 40% say it’s because of laziness. So, how do you beat both laziness and a lack of motivation? You keep on reading, that’s how!
Here are 5 ways to get motivated and push your laziness aside – sure to get all 80% of you fit and healthy, fast!
Ask yourself why you want to get fit. Having a clear reason for working out and getting healthy – one that matters to you! – is the best way to get motivated and stay that way. So, figure out your reason (it will be different for everyone!). Maybe you want to be healthy to live a long life for your children or perhaps you want to be able to climb the stairs without getting winded at work. So, spend time figuring out why you want to get fit and remind yourself of your reason regularly. Set an alarm on your phone to remind you or set your computer background with an image that will keep you focused. If you can keep the reason you want to be fit in the forefront of your mind, you will stay motivated to get to the gym without even thinking about it!
Have fun. Finding a workout you enjoy is one of the easiest ways to ensure you stay motivated (and not bored!). It’s hard to stay motivated to do something you hate, but, if you can find an exercise you love, it will be easy! Not into running in circles around a track or elliptical training? Think outside the box! Plan a dance party with friends, take in intenSati class or make a deal with yourself that you can only watch your favorite TV show while moving!
Set realistic goals. It’s easy to lose motivation when your goals are so lofty that you feel defeated before you’ve even begun. So, let’s change that! Instead of deciding to workout every day if you haven’t been to the gym in 6 months, aim to workout just 1 day each week at first. One easy way to ensure your workout goals are manageable is to try to increase your fitness by just 10% each week by either adding 10% more time to your workouts, 10% more weight while strength training or 10% more repetitions every 7 days.
Reward yourself. Each of us are motivated by different things – for some of us, working towards a new pair of shoeswill do the trick while others may be more motivated by the dream of a vacation. Give yourself a point for each goal you achieve (maybe you keep track of the number of miles you run or the number of dance classes you attend) and, when you hit a certain number of points, splurge on something that makes you happy! Need more constant reinforcement? Set smaller goals and reward yourself more often with smaller, more manageable rewards (like a dinner out!).
Reevaluate often. If you’re starting to feel lazy, be honest with yourself (without passing judgment) and start from scratch. Reevaluate why you want to get fit and redefine your answer. Find a new workout to try, alter your goals or change your reward system.
Keep this in mind whenever you think about what you are now and what you are aspiring to be in the future.
Being yourself is something that only you can do and be on a daily basis. Despite the fact that there is at least one person who wants to be you and have at least a portion on what you have, there is nobody like you in the world. Whether you can see that now or not depends on how you see your life at this point.
Today’s inspiration is about learning to appreciate what you are and how to keep on fighting for what you want to be. There will be times where it is not easy to do either one or both, but if you apply the tools that will be given in this post, you will be able to overcome such moments and keep the fight going for yourself.
WHY ARE YOU NOT THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU ARE NOW?
The answers to this question will vary depending on the circumstances. Here are three facts for you to consider:
- What you are in your life is a result of the decisions that you, your parents, and other people whom have received permission to do so over time have made from birth until today.
- If you are constantly finding faults with what you are, you can never find the positives to be appreciative about.
- There is at least one person in the world who is thankful for what you are and/or who wants to be what you are right now.
It may not be at times to appreciate what you are to yourself or someone else, but know that there no price tag you can place on what you mean not only to yourself, but to at least one other person in the world.
WHY SHOULD YOU BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU ARE NOW?
As I have mentioned in the last question, there is no price tag you can place on your value to yourself and at least one other person. You may or may not have a variety of reasons to be thankful for what you are right now, but I want to share with you why I know you should be thankful for what you are now:
- Because you are always one bad decision from not being what you are right now, yet you continue to make enough good decisions to be where you are right now.
- Nobody else could have gone through the ups and downs that you have and still be standing like you are today. In my eyes, your life story is a true inspiration!
- Being that you are not one of the 151,600 people who die each day, you are given the chance each day to keep on living and striving to be what you want to be.
For whatever reasons you may come up with, you can see that there is at least some reason to be thankful for what you are now.
WHAT ARE FIVE STEPS TO HELP YOU FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU WANT TO BE TOMORROW?
Right now, you have the opportunity to keep the fight going and be the person you want to be tomorrow. Here are five steps that will help you accomplish this goal:
- Execute your plans and reach your goals to the best of your ability.Starting with today, execute your plan exactly the way you developed it and accomplish as many goals as you can do today.
- Accept the person that you are right now as your foundation.Look at the person that you are now and thank everything that comes with being you.
- Develop plans and goals that will put you closer to the person that you want to be tomorrow.Come up with plans that are realistic for you to execute and goals that are reachable for you.
- Reflect on your accomplishments for today.When the day is done, look back on what you have done and be thankful for everything that you have accomplished.
- Do it again tomorrow.Start all over again tomorrow with steps 1 through 4 and continue the process each day until you become the person that you want to be.
If you can follow these five steps, you will always be in the fight to ultimately be what you want to be.